If you need a safe place for an in-person exchange of goods, the SUNY Brockport University Police Department has established two “Safe Exchange Zones”.
You can find the first Safe Exchange Zone at the University Police Station located at Lathrop Hall. This designated area is identified by the Safe Exchange Zone sign affixed to the exterior of the building. The second Safe Exchange Zone is in the Seymour Union Lobby (sliding glass door entrance).
Location & Hours:
- University Police – Front ramp entrance of building (Available 24 hours/day)
- Seymour Union – Union Lobby near sliding glass doors (Available during building hours)
Both Safe Exchange Zones were strategically designated to areas under constant video surveillance and in high pedestrian areas. If at any time you feel unsafe or need police assistance, please call University Police at (585)395-2222.
Additional Safety Tips:
- Meet in the Safe Exchange Zone Area (locate the Safe Exchange Zone sign)
- Do not disclose unnecessary personal details
- When possible, bring a friend to accompany you during the exchange
- Beware of vague or “too good to be true” offers
- If you choose the University Police location, let the dispatcher know prior to the other party arriving