The Daily Eagle, which is published by the Office of University Communications, is a daily internal e-newsletter that is distributed by email to all faculty and staff on weekday mornings. The Daily Eagle editorial team selects the content that appears in the publication and edits the submissions that have been selected for clarity and readability.
For any questions about your submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily Eagle content is selected from the news items submitted through the Brockport Today portal and events that are submitted through our Campus Events Calendar. A check box is available on each form to indicate a request for publication. Items must be submitted at least 24-48 hours in advance of the requested publication date.
Following the guidelines below will make your submission more likely to be accepted for publication:
- Submissions must be limited to 250 words.
- We are eager to highlight the accomplishments of our faculty and staff. These accomplishments should be directly related to their roles and responsibilities at the University. All content should be directly related to SUNY Brockport.
- In the spirit of maintaining strong Town-Gown relations, occasional items may appear about happenings in the Village of Brockport at the request of Village leaders.
- Submissions should be written in the third-person. Submissions written in the first-person will either not be accepted or edited as appropriate.
Know our audience. Items that are relevant to a broad audience are most likely to be selected for publication. However, please note that The Daily Eagle is distributed only to faculty and staff and that students do not receive this publication.
- Student events and stories can be submitted to Things to Know
- As an official SUNY Brockport publication, content should reflect the institution’s values, mission, and goals. Submissions must be professional and civil to be considered for publication. Submissions that make political statements or share personal opinions will not be selected for publication.