SUNY Brockport Housing:

Contact the Residential Life/Learning Communities office, for information about emergency housing by calling (585) 395-2122 or an email to

Information for residential students requesting to remain living on campus during the following breaks:

Monroe County Emergency Housing:

  1. Department of Human Services: Students can be access the Monroe County, Department of Human Services (DHS) in Rochester which is the centralized resource center for all emergency housing services, other agencies for example YWCA and Catholic Family Services do not work directly with clients.
    1. All clients in need of emergency housing may go to Department of Human Services at 691 St. Paul Street, Rochester, NY 14605 [Open between the hours of 8 am to 4 pm. Walk-in applications are accepted Monday - Friday.]
    2. Department of Human Services is the gatekeeper for emergency housing and maintains a roster of available beds in the Rochester area.
    3. DHS can also assist clients in risk of losing their current housing to determine if there are resources that will allow students to remain in their current housing.
  2. Lifeline Emergency Shelter Hotline: For emergency shelter resources afterhours of DHS.
  3. Partners Ending Homelessness: This agency has representatives from local agencies serving those experiencing housing insecurity. Contact information: Location is 560 West Main Street, Rochester, New York 14608, Email:
  4. Restoration Rochester: This agency provides support for emergency housing as well as assisting to connect with other agencies depending on the person’s needs. Their hotline number is: (585) 340-7225, and contact person is, Leah Kazmierski.
  5. House of Mercy: Is an emergency shelter, that also provides a soup kitchen, food pantry, clothing and some home furnishings Contact information is: Email at, Phone (585) 546-2580, Location: 285 Ormond St., Rochester, NY 14605.
  6. Willow Domestic Violence Center: Women, men, and their dependent children who are victims of physical, verbal, psychological, sexual, economic, or threatened abuse by the person with whom they live or have lived in the past are candidates for shelter. It is not required that the victim be residing with the abuser at the time of the incident. Everyone has the right to be safe. You are not alone. Call 911 if you are hurt or in imminent danger. 24/7 Crisis and Support Hotline is: (585) 222-SAFE or TTY (585) 232-1741.

City Of Rochester Residents:

  • Homelessness in Rochester: Call 2-1-1/LIFE LINE and explain your situation. A representative will assist you with information and referrals to community organizations that may be able to help.
  • Residents in Rochester can access resources through The Housing Council at (585) 546-3700.

Veterans Resources

The VA Homeless Team provides services to those facing homelessness, to include outreach, case management, and referrals for shelter and housing. The staff is also equipped to facilitate crisis intervention. For more information about available services, call Sarah Levis at (585) 393-8095, or the VA’s homeless call center at 1-877-424-3838. You may also stop by their office at 1867 Mt. Hope Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620.

Veterans Outreach Center: The center provides supportive services to veterans in Rochester NY, and the five surrounding counties, Phone: (866) 906-VETS (8387) or (585) 546-1081, for an appointment.