Instructions to Add/Drop a Course Online
- Access Web Banner
- Enter your NetID and Password
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Click on Registration/Add/Drop Classes
ADDING A COURSE
- Enter the CRN of the course you would like to add
- Click Submit Changes
- The courses that were successfully registered will appear with the “Web Registered” message under “Current Schedule”. Courses not successfully registered will appear as “Registration Add Errors” with the reason for not being added in the status column to the left. You will need to obtain permission from the instructor of the course to override the error.
- First, the instructor for the course must enter the Permission Override in Web Banner
- Then, the student must register/Add the Course through Web Banner.
Affirm Enrollment: In order to prevent you from being removed from the course roster, you need to affirm enrollment.
- Click on Affirm Your Enrollment Status (located in the header of the Registration Add/Drop Courses webpage)
- Click both Accept and Submit to lock in your course schedule. This will not prevent you from making changes to your schedule.
DROPPING A COURSE
- Select the course you would like to drop
- Click on the drop down box under the Action Heading
- Select Web Drop
- Click on Submit Changes
To withdraw from a course you must submit a course withdrawal form to the Office of Registration and Records by the appropriate deadlines. There are two course withdrawal forms — one for freshman and one for all other students taking undergraduate and graduate courses.
The Withdrawal Period runs from week five to week ten of a regular (spring and/or fall) semester. Departmental permission is not required during this period. The Late Withdrawal Period runs from week eleven to the Friday before the last week of classes. The student may need to provide the department chairperson with appropriate documentation to support the request for withdrawal. The signature of the department chairperson is required to be approved for the late withdrawal. No withdrawals will be permitted after the late withdrawal period.
For more information on withdrawal from a course, read our Add/Drop/Withdrawal FAQ.