Graduation is not an automatic process. Students must apply to graduate online in order to receive their diploma. Applying for Graduation is different than signing up to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony.
Step 1: Apply for Graduation (To Get Your Diploma)
In order to graduate and receive your diploma you need to apply for graduation. Please apply for the term you will have completed all your degree requirements, including student teaching, internships, and overseas programs.
- Go to www.brockport.edu
- Select Quicklinks
- Select Web Banner
- Select Student Services
- Select Student Records
- Select Apply for Graduation
- After you apply Select View Graduation Application
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
- Undergraduate students: Completion of 84 credit hours
- Graduate students completing a degree: Completion of a minimum of 21 credit hours
- Graduate students completing a certificate: Completion of 6 credit hours
All course work and the graduation application must be submitted by the 15th of the month following the end of the term you intend to graduate. For example, all course work and the graduation application must be submitted by June 15 for a spring term graduation.
Checklist when applying:
- Offer the name on your graduation application that you want to appear on your diploma
- Offer an address other than an on-campus address where your diploma should be sent
Step 2: Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
Students need to sign-up in advance to participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony; this is separate and different from applying for graduation.
To sign-up for Commencement, please fill out the Commencement Ceremony Sign Up form (this form must be completed to attend the ceremony)
Step 3: Make Sure you are ready to graduate
- Review your degree audit on Degree Works. All requirements must be satisfied on your audit in order for your degree to be conferred. If you believe there is an error, contact your advisor immediately.
- Check with your advisor to make sure you’re on track to graduate.
- Make sure SUNY Brockport has official final transcripts on file from any other college or university you may have attended if you anticipate transfer credits are needed to finish your degree.
- All final grades must be in by the conferral dates. Make sure Study Abroad, independent study and internship grades have been submitted.