Purchasing Computer Hardware
This procedure allows for improved support services from Brockport Information Technology Services (BITS) by making sure that all systems meet campus minimum requirements, that limited resources are spent appropriately and that systems are not configured with unnecessary features that will raise the purchase price.
- The individual requesting must use the Self-Service Portal to obtain an approval for each purchase requisition prior to submitting the requisition to our office
- BITS staff will review each transmission and contact departments if changes are necessary to the computer specifications.
- Once approved by BITS, a Purchase Requestion must be sent to PPS along with the BITS Approval and Vendors Quotes.
- The purchase order will be generated and delivery will be made directly to BITS.
- BITS will set-up and deliver the equipment to the ordering department. A quick guide can be found at the TPS Quick Guide.
Procurement & Payment Services and BITS strive to ensure campus computer equipment can be properly serviced by BITS and that departments are getting the best price available. Your cooperation with this policy is appreciated. Questions concerning this process should be directed to the IT Service Desk at 585-395-5151 option 1.