Nominations are being accepted for the 2022 Outstanding Employee Awards. These awards recognize the excellent service to the University and its students. The awards will be presented at the College Recognition Dinner in May.
As in the past, the awards are given in two categories: Outstanding Service to the University AND Outstanding Service to Students. A maximum of eight (8) awards will be given. The recipients will be selected from employees in four areas: facilities, office support personnel, professional employees and teaching faculty.
Two criteria are common to both categories:
- A minimum of two years of full-time or part-time employment at the University prior to receipt of the award; and
- A current position at the University as a State employee, BASC employee or Research Foundation employee.
The Service to the University awards will also be judged on a demonstrated consistently outstanding performance in job-related responsibilities. The Service to Student awards will also be judged on a demonstrated and consistently outstanding performance to students outside the classroom.
Please note the following requirements:
- Each nominee should be nominated by at least two current employees who complete nominating letters and coordinate submission of a complete nomination file.
- Each nomination file must contain two (2) nominating letters, a maximum of three (3) supporting letters (not including nominators’ letters) and a maximum of three (3) student letters if the nomination is for Service to Students.
- The nominee’s supervisor must sign the nomination form.
Please note: The committee will use its discretion to determine if an employee who applied for Service to Students is unable to provide a letter of support from a student due to the nature of their job. However, if the employee does have direct student interaction, a letter of support is necessary.
Employee or students may nominate an individual for an award in any category by providing the above-mentioned evidence and documents. All nominations should be sent directly to Tina Bieber (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Human Resources by March 11, 2024 at 4:00 PM.
To nominate someone, download the Outstanding Service Award Nomination Form