The intent of this program is to provide a means to assist employees who, because of long-term personal illness, have exhausted their leave benefits and would otherwise be subject to a severe loss of income during a continuing absence from work
Main Page Content
Eligibility to Donate
In order to donate vacation credits, an employee must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a minimum vacation balance of at least 10 days after making the donation.
- Donations must be made in full day (7.5 or 8 hour) units.
Agency management may not disclose the identity of donors. Employees may not donate vacation credits that would otherwise have been forfeited. Note: donated leave is taken from the donor’s balance at the time it is needed by the recipient, not necessarily at the time of the donation.
Eligibility to Receive Donated Leave
In order to receive donated leave credits, an employee must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be employee in a union affiliated or M/C designated position.
- Be subject to the Attendance Rules or otherwise eligible to earn leave credits (UUP employees must be a calendar year or university year employee eligible to accrue vacation leave credits).
- Be absent due to a non-occupational personal injury or disability for which medical documentation satisfactory to management is submitted.
- Have exhausted all leave credits.
- Be expected to continue to be absent for at least two biweekly payroll periods following exhaustion of leave credits or sick leave at half-pay.
- Must not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within the last three years.