The State University of New York provides employees with the opportunity to save for their retirement through the SUNY Voluntary Savings Plan. Participation in the SUNY Voluntary Savings Plan is a great way to build your retirement savings and reduce current taxes.
Main Page Content
Enroll in the plan for the first time OR if you are already enrolled but wish to change the amount of your deferral, login in below.
Individuals can contribute to a tax deferred annuity and the New York State Deferred Compensation Program without coordinating amounts. This means individuals who choose to do so, may contribute the maximum amounts allowed to each plan.
The normal contribution limit, which applies to both the tax-deferred annuity and deferred compensation program, is 100% of salary to a maximum of $22,500 for 2023.
Individuals are eligible to contribute an additional amount if they are age 50 or over during the 2023 calendar year. The additional amount for 2023 is $7,500.
SUNY Voluntary 403(b) Savings Plan (VSP) presentation (seven minute video; CC option via the document icon in lower right corner)
The provider contact information is as follows:
- Teachers Insurance Annuity Associate-(TIAA) – Michael Spogli - 585-246-4631
- VOYA Financial – Gary Witten 716-626-3926
- Corebridge Financial Retirement - Robert Leombruno - 603-594-8340
- Fidelity Investments – William B. Stark III, CRPC 716-270-7732
- NYS Deferred Compensation Program - Mark Wallace, 1-800-422-8463