Adele Catlin maintained a long and distinguished career at SUNY Brockport in a secretarial role. In honor and remembrance of her hard work and diligence, the Adele Catlin Memorial Award seeks to pay tribute to an employee of our office support staff who emulates the traits and performance that marked her service. The recipient shall receive a stipend of $500 and a plaque.
The award shall be presented to one member of the University office support staff who:
Exemplifies the spirit that typified Adele Catlin’s presence on the Brockport campus, especially in the following respects:
- Displays a high level of loyalty to the goals and purposes of the University.
- Approaches tasks with a cheerful, positive and constructive attitude.
- Takes initiative willingly to solve problems.
- Exhibits a high level of competence in performing office management tasks.
- Is held in high esteem by supervisors and fellow workers.
- Assumes responsibilities that go well beyond the usual requirements of the position and carries them out at a high level of competence.
- Has been employed as a full-time member of the office support staff of the University as a State, BASC or Research Foundation employee for at least five years or a half-time employee for at least ten years (prior to receipt of the award) and has never received an unsatisfactory performance evaluation.
The selection shall be made by a committee to be appointed by the Committee Chairperson. A Human Resources staff member shall chair the committee.
The nomination packages must be limited to (additional materials will be removed from the nomination package):
- The option of either a completed nomination form or letter of nomination that specifically addresses at least C, D and F above. Please include specific examples of work done above and beyond the usual requirements for their position.
- Maximum of three department letters of support.
- Maximum of three external letters and/or letters from students.
- The signature of the nominee’s supervisor must be present on the nomination form.
First preference for this award shall be someone who has not received it previously. However, a previous winner who is believed by the selection committee to be clearly better qualified than any other nominee may be selected.
All complete nomination packages should be submitted to Tina Bieber, Office of Human Resources, by March 11, 2024 at 4:00 PM. The award will be presented at the Recognition Dinner in May.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Tina Bieber at email@example.com.