Broad-based fees for institutions within the State University of New York (SUNY) are generally charged to all enrolled students to finance discrete activities that benefit the student body.
Broad-based fees exclude activities that are part of the core instructional program. SUNY Brockport’s broad-based fees include:
- Athletics Fee: Supports intercollegiate athletic activities
- College Fee: Supports campus operations
- Health Fee: Supports health, counseling and prevention services, and related programs
- Student Recreation Fee: Supports the Special Events Recreation Center (SERC) activities
- Technology Fee: Supports the building, maintenance, and support of information technology infrastructure to provide a high quality learning environment
- Transportation Fee: Supports the operation and maintenance of a campus-controlled transportation system
Broad-based fees are intended to work in concert with SUNY’s rational tuition plan, providing students and their families with information that will help them to plan for the costs of college. SUNY’s expectations for campuses include:
- Student education and consultation through open forums
- Annual increases limited to covering mandatory costs, expansion of existing services, and provision of new services or upgrades to equipment.
- A five-year plan for broad-based fees
SUNY’s Policy on Fees, Rentals and Other Charges provides system-level information regarding broad-based fees. In accordance with SUNY policy, The College provides for student involvement in the broad-based fee decision-making process, hosting forums for discussion and opportunities for questions and answers.
The Brockport Student Government Fee (Student Activity Fee) supports programs that benefit College at Brockport students, including programs for cultural and educational enrichment and recreational and social activities. A student-body referendum (held every two years) determines whether student activity programs will be supported by either voluntary or mandatory student fees.
The Office of Student Accounts and Accounting manages the collection of tuition and fees for the campus. Information regarding The College’s current broad-based fees and other student fees can be found at the link below.