All documents that are uploaded to SUNY Brockport’s website must be made accessible through the following document accessibility process.
Contact Web Team
If the document will be over two pages long or is from an outside source, you must contact Web Team in advance to discuss how it should be handled.
The Web Team will review the document and make one of three decisions:
- The document will be converted into a web page by the Web Team. This is the most accessible option.
- If the document cannot be converted into a web page, the submitter must create an accessible PDF and submit it to Web Team.
- If the document is a fillable form that cannot be made into a web page or a fillable PDF, the submitter must create an accessible Microsoft Office document and submit it to Web Team.
For Web Pages
- Send the content for the web page as an Office document to Web Team.
- Send images of appropriate size and quality for the web page as attachments.
For PDF Documents
- Make the PDF document accessible using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Submit the accessible PDF to Web Team with the accessibility report attached.
For Office Documents
- Make the Office document accessible using the built-in accessibility checker.
- Submit the accessible Microsoft Office document to Web Team.
Web Team reserves the right to refuse any document that is copyrighted, belongs to another organization, is not the correct format for the website, or cannot be made accessible.