The New York State Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program provides a full SUNY tuition scholarship for the top 10 percent of students in each New York state high school if they pursue a STEM degree in an associates or bachelor degree program and agree to work in a STEM field in New York state (NYS) for 5 years after graduation.
An applicant must:
- Be a New York state resident.
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled full time at a SUNY or CUNY institution beginning with the fall term following his or her high school graduation.
- Be ranked in the top 10% of his/her high school graduating class of a NYS high school.
- Be matriculated in an undergraduate program leading to a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY institution.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester.
- Execute a service contract agreeing to reside and work in NYS for five years in the field of science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- Not be in default on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or repayment of any state award
- Be in compliance with the terms of any service condition imposed by a state award