The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. To view and print a copy of an estimated personalized cost of attendance you can visit the SUNY Net Price Cost Calculator and select Brockport from the dropdown. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.

The SUNY Financial Aid Plan (FAP) will provide a more in-depth analysis and accurate picture of student cost once the student has filed their FAFSA, completed a SUNY application, and has been accepted by a campus.


The Veterans Affairs Office at SUNY Brockport is located within the Financial Aid Office on the main floor of Rakov Center for Student Services, in the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.

The University provides educational benefits for veterans and children of veterans who plan on attending the University.

Please Note: If you are serving in the military and plan to receive Tuition Assistance from the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc., contact the education liaison at your unit for information and paperwork.

Contact Information

SUNY Brockport
Veterans Affairs Office
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420-2937

Please email to schedule an appointment.

Phone Number: (585) 395-2315
Fax Number: (585) 395-5445
Email Address:


Below are forms that our office requires you fill out prior to receiving U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits. Each semester you will be required to submit again. If you have any questions please contact the Veterans Affairs Office.

Request to Certify VA Educational Benefits (form T13)

Veterans T13 – Summer 2024

Veterans T13 - Fall 2023

Veterans T13 – Winter 2024

Veterans T13 – Spring 2024

US Department of Veterans’ Affairs Educational Benefits

Monthly education benefits: If you’ve served in the military, or are the dependent of a military service member, you may be eligible to receive a monthly benefit. To determine the category of benefit you are eligible for, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website or contact our office and we will be able to assist you.
On the Department of Veterans Affairs website you can find information regarding eligibility requirements, the amount of the benefits, and other important information. To apply for these benefits we suggest you contact our office to set up an appointment or stop in during the hours listed above.

National test reimbursement: To apply for reimbursement for a National Test (such as: SAT, ACT, MCAT, CLEP, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.) using your VA benefits, please contact our office.

Request Military Transcript

You may be able to earn credit for your military training. Click on your service component below to request a transcript.

US Air Force

US Army/US Navy/US Marine Corps/US Coast Guard

Please request the transcript(s) be sent to:

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
SUNY Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420

When do I apply for aid?

The recommended deadline to file the FAFSA is January 1.

Any supplemental forms requested by our office should be submitted by February 15. Student applicants meeting this deadline should have their financial aid package prior to the admissions deposit deadline or before summer school begins. Applications or forms filed after these deadlines will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Get information on federal financial aid consequences for non-attendance of classes.

To Do List Deadlines
Obtain FSA ID January 1
File FAFSA/Express Tap Application January 1
Submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office February 15
Accept/Decline all offered awards April 1
Pre-loan Counseling/Sign Master Promissory Note for Stafford Loans July 1
Student apply for Alternative loan with co-signer or parent apply for PLUS loan and do MPN August 1

Grants and Scholarships

New York State Veterans Tuition Award

If you served in the regions below you may be eligible for the NYS Veterans Tuition Award. To find more information and to fill out the application, click on the link above. Paper applications are available in our office.

  • Indochina between December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975
  • Persian Gulf between August 2, 1990 and Sept. 10, 2001
  • Persian Gulf on or after September 11, 2001
  • Afghanistan during hostilities on or after September 11, 2001

Troops to Teachers

If you are a veteran and plan to become a teacher, you may be eligible for some money. Click on the link above to find out more information.

VAMortgageCenter Scholarship Fund

This scholarship is for current and prospective ROTC program students, Active-duty military personnel with plans to attend college, honorably discharged veterans of the US military, and sons and daughters of veterans or active-duty military members.

Veterans Services

Deferrals: The University will allow you to defer all or part of your semester bill if you are receiving monthly checks. If interested, please contact the Veterans Affairs Office.

Tutoring: Free tutoring for all students is available through the Academic Success Center. The VA may also pay for individual tutoring if a veteran would benefit by this.

Veterans Affairs Work-Study: If interested, please see the coordinator of veterans affairs at the University.

Parking: If you are a student who served in the armed forces during a time of war and was honorably discharged or released, you will be exempt from the parking fee at the University. Provide our office with a copy of your DD 214 to begin the process. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Please Note: You will still be required to pay the vehicle registration fee.

Students Returning to the University : Students who have left the University or who have deferred admission due to active military service and wish to return to the University should notify the Veterans Affairs Office.

Additional Information



If you are interested in putting your military experience to work, gaining academic credit, have your tuition and fees or room and board up to $10,000 per year and earn a $420 per monthly stipend and a commission upon graduation, contact Dan Fletcher at (585) 395-2769 or email. I took the liberty to correct it as well as dress up the Air Force and Marine options. 

Air Force ROTC: You can attend the University and participate in AFROTC through the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Marine Corps PLC: Are you interested in becoming a Marine Corps Officer? If so, you may be interested in the Marine Corps Platoon Leadership Class. This program is for full-time undergraduate and graduate students.

Allowing Veterans to Attend or Participate in Courses Pending VA Payment


Section 103 of Public Law (PL) 115-407, ‘Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018,’ amends Title 38 US Code 3679 by adding a new subsection (e) that requires disapproval of courses of education, beginning August 1, 2019, at any educational institution that does not have a policy in place that will allow an individual to attend or participate in a course of education, pending VA payment, providing the individual submits a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under Chapter 31 or 33.

Pending Payment Compliance

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), SUNY Brockport adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. SUNY Brockport will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
  • Provide a written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.