Are You Transferring to Brockport from Another School?

If you are transferring between colleges and want to know what to do about your financial aid, follow the appropriate steps below for the types of aid you may be receiving. Please complete these steps as soon as possible to avoid any delay in the processing of your aid.

  1. For ALL federal Title IV aid, including Federal Pell, Federal Campus-Based Aid (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant [SEOG] and Federal College Work-Study), Federal TEACH and Federal Student Loans:
    1. You must add Brockport as a school of record on your FAFSA. Our school code is 002841. You may list it on your original FAFSA if the FAFSA is already filed. You may add it electronically using your Federal Student Aid Identification (FSA ID) from the federal government.
    2. The National Student Loan Data System will be used to verify aid received at prior institutions, which can be accessed here (you will need your FSA ID and password).
  2. For Federal Student Loans (Direct Federal Stafford, Subsidized and Unsubsidized, and Federal PLUS):
    1. Provide written documentation to your old school to decline the loan or to cancel any remaining disbursements for this academic year.
    2. Your maximum loan eligibility will automatically appear on your award notice from Brockport. No separate application is required. Double check the amount to make sure you have not exceeded your annual loan limits.
  3. For TAP:
    1. You may list SUNY Brockport on your original TAP application or if already filed, you may file a TAP change to notify HESC of your change of schools ― go to the HESC website to make the change.
  4. For Federal Campus-Based Programs (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant [SEOG] and Federal College Work-Study), SUNY Brockport will determine your eligibility for these programs once your FAFSA record is received. Your eligibility will appear on your SUNY Brockport award notice.