The following webpages and information provide information on how to complete important tasks related to financial aid.

How To…

Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Create an FSA ID

FAFSA Application

View Outstanding Financial Aid Requirements

  1. Access Web Banner
  2. Enter your User ID (your complete Social Security Number or Banner ID)
  3. Enter your PIN. Click the “Login” button. Change your PIN if you are required to do so.
  4. Click on: “Financial Aid,” then “My Overall Status of Financial Aid”
  5. Click the drop down box and select “2020-21 Aid Year,” then submit
  6. Click “Unsatisfied Student Requirements”

Accept and/or Decline Offered Financial Aid Awards

Accept/Decline Aid

Complete Federal Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling

Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling

Apply for a Federal Parent PLUS Loan

Apply Now

Apply for a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan

Apply Now

Apply for New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

New York State Aid (TAP and SUNY Tuition Credit) is applied for with the NYS Student Aid Payment Application. This application can be completed directly after completing the FAFSA, through the FAFSA submission confirmation page. If you did not complete this application directly after the FAFSA, you can access the application at the link below.

Please note that the NYS Student Aid Payment Application is an annual application and must be completed every year.

Apply Now

Apply for the Excelsior Scholarship Program

The Excelsior Scholarship Program application can be reached using the link below. Please note that in order to receive the Excelsior Scholarship, students must complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application annually.

Apply Now

I do not qualify for either of the programs above. Are there other forms of State Aid I could be eligible for?

If you do not qualify for State Aid under its standard eligibility requirements, you may be eligible under Senator José Peralta’s New York State DREAM Act.


Complete a FERPA form

In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), SUNY Brockport is prohibited from providing certain information from your student records to a third party, such as information pertaining to grades, billing and payment, tuition and fee assessment, and financial aid (including scholarships, grants, work-study, or loan amounts). If a student would like to give permission to a third party, including their parent(s) and/or step-parent(s), their spouse, or a sponsor, they can now fill out a form online to give permission. They may do so by following these instructions:

  • Log onto Web Banner
  • Go to Student Services
  • Go to Student Records
  • Complete the Consent to Release Student Information at the bottom of the list

Affirm Enrollment & Accept Financial Responsibility

Accept Financial Responsibility

Authorize Federal Title IV Aid for Non-institutional Expenses

Authorize Federal Title IV Aid

Enroll in & Rebalance a Payment Plan

Payment Plans

View Education Tax Credit (TRA 1997) Information as Reported on IRS Form 1098T

Access your IRS Form 1098