The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country with offices at many SUNY campuses around New York State. It exists to serve the State University of New York (SUNY) by providing essential administrative services that enable SUNY faculty to focus their efforts on the education of students and the performance of life-changing research across a wide range of disciplines including medicine, engineering, physical sciences, energy, computer science, and social sciences. The RF is a private non-profit education corporation that is tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c) (3).
The RF provides talent, services, and technology that empower SUNY to research, innovate, and transfer discoveries that transform the world’s knowledge economy.
The RF partners with SUNY to make it the best place for faculty, students and staff to research, innovate, and solve the world’s most pressing problems.
In carrying out its mission, the RF values:
- Service: Our support and assistance to the SUNY Community.
- Learning: A commitment to a pursuit of knowledge and the growth of our people, our abilities, and our business.
- Agility: Our ability to move quickly and adjust to changing customer needs.
- Transparency: Trust, accountability, and clear communication.
- Diversity: Inclusion and equity in our workforce for diversity of people, culture, thought, perspective, and background.
- Innovation: Creative problem solving, continuous improvement, and technological advancement.
- Integrity: Honesty, ethical behavior, and firm and committed adherence to our code of conduct.