Shannon Niles, MS
- Mental Health Counselor
Office: Hazen Hall 119
Shannon Niles is excited to start her professional career at Hazen as a Mental Health and Athletics counselor. Prior to her time at SUNY Brockport, Shannon grew up in the Adirondacks where she played soccer and was on the track and field team. She moved to Florida soon after completing her bachelor’s degree at SUNY Potsdam. Shannon had a career as an urban transportation planner and public involvement specialist at a civil engineering firm in Tampa, Florida. While residing in Florida, Shannon found that her true passion was within the mental health counseling field and decided to make that dream a reality.
While Shannon operates within a broad array of skills, her clinical interests include working with college students and student athletes who struggle with body image, self-worth/self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and interpersonal relationships. Outside of her counseling work, Shannon enjoys strength training, running, video games, and playing the piano and guitar.
- MS, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, SUNY Brockport, 2022
- BA, Psychology, University of South Florida, 2018
- BA, Communications and Theater, SUNY Potsdam, 2003
- MHC-LP, Mental Health Counselor, Limited Permit
- CASAC-T, Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor, Trainee