Jennifer Olsen, MS
Mental Health Counselor
Office: Hazen Hall 119
Jennifer Olsen is excited to return to Hazen as a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselor after having completed her internship here in 2021-2022. Prior to her time at SUNY Brockport, Jennifer was an instrumental music instructor at public schools in New York and Connecticut before settling in Rochester, New York to raise her children. The career change to being a counselor was a natural fit for Jennifer.
While Jennifer is a generalist, her clinical interests include working with college students with anxiety and depression, grief and/or loss issues, as well as life transitions and/or relationship challenges. Outside of her counseling work, Jennifer likes to spend time with her family. She enjoys hiking, kayaking, reading, and traveling.
- MS, Mental Health Counseling, SUNY Brockport, 2022
- BA, Psychology and Music, Franklin & Marshall College, 2008
- NCC, National Certified Counselor
- MHC-LP, Mental Health Counselor, Limited Permit
- CASAC-T, Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor, Trainee