|Responsible Unit||Hazen Center for Integrated Care|
|Responsible Cabinet Member||VP for Student Affairs|
|Last Revision Date|
|Last Review Date|
Policy on transportation for off campus medical care.
There is no purpose/scope provided for this policy at this time
There is no applicability provided for this policy at this time
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Transportation for Off Campus Medical Care
- Students sent from campus by a campus official to a local Rochester-area Emergency Department (typically by ambulance) are encouraged to find a friend or family member to return them to campus upon discharge.
- If unable to secure a ride, students should use Apple Transport 585- 427-7330. The agreed upon charge is $40 from Unity Hospital, which the University will pay. Apple will provide an invoice to the University for payment on a monthly basis. Cash payment is not required at the time of transport.
- Students returning from an alcohol or substance visit will be assessed a $50 fee for the transportation, which will be applied to their student account.
Students specifically referred by Hazen staff to a Brockport facility (eg Strong West Urgent Care, ASAP Urgent Care) may be transported by Hazen staff using the University car during regular business hours (8am – 4:45pm).
When Hazen is closed students who are medically stable (not needing an ambulance), and require off-campus urgent or emergency care should use their own, or have a friend/family member provide transportation.
- Ambulances can only transport to an Emergency Department, not Urgent Care
- Hazen staff will not transport students to a non-Brockport area medical facility.
- After-hours transportation is arranged by the student, either via friend/family or Apple Transport, at the student’s expense.
- The University does not provide transportation for routine medical appointments.
- Residence Life staff cannot provide medical transportation.
FONEMED (nurse advice service) – available after regular office hours, call the Student Health Center and follow the instructions to connect with FONEMED. The nurse will help determine whether to seek medical care off-campus, and the level of care necessary.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
Hazen Center for Integrated Care (585) 395-2414
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2018-08-22||Five-year review|
|Adoption Date||2013-08-22||Policy Adopted|
|Draft Review Date||Draft Policy under 30-day Campus Review|
There are no approvals for this policy at this time.