|Responsible Unit||Office of Human Resources|
|Responsible Cabinet Member||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date|
|Last Review Date|
Classified employees must provide a minimum of two weeks written notice for resignations, including resignations for the purpose of retirement. Use of accruals duing the notice period is subject to management approval.
Unclassified employees must provide a minimum of 30 days written notice for resignations, including resignations for the purpose of retirement. Use of accruals during the notice period is subject to management approval.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that upon notification by an employee of resignation, the legitimate operating needs of the University are met and to provide a consistent application for the use (liquidation) of accruals during the notice period, in accordance with Article 32.2 of the UUP Agreement (UUP employees only) and in accordance with Section 23.1 of the NYS Department of Civil Service Attendance and Leave Manual.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
1. An employee submits a letter of resignation to his/her immediate supervisor (giving proper notice).
2. The supervisor consults with the employee to plan the transition of work.
3. The employee will submit a written request to their supervisor if they wish to use or liquidate accruals during the notice period.
4. Supervisors who receive a written request from employees to use or liquidate accruals for which they would receive a lump sum payment must consult with the Timekeeper in the Payroll Office prior to responding to the request to ensure accruals are available for use.
5. If an employee resigns without giving proper notice, the University may withhold payments for unused vacation leave.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2019-12-01||Five-year review|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
There are no approvals for this policy at this time.