|Responsible Unit||Office of Human Resources|
|Responsible Cabinet Member||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date|
|Last Review Date|
The PSTP Voucher Program provides employees with vouchers, which act as payment for courses at PSTP participating colleges, universities, and institutions. Under the voucher system, the school will bill the PSTP Voucher Program for tuition charges based on the employee’s course registration. The PSTP Voucher Program enables PS&T Unit employees to maintain job-related skills in their profession and to achieve the knowledge and skills necessary for career mobility and/or promotional opportunities. This benefit applies only to schools which have elected to participate in the PSTP Voucher Program.
Each PSTP Voucher has a maximum value of $600. A participating college, university, or institution has agreed to accept the PSTP Voucher as full or partial payment for course tuition.
For Fiscal Year 2006-2007, up to a maximum of six (6) PSTP Vouchers can be used between April 1, 2006 and March 31, 2007, as follows:
- For schools with semesters, a total of six (6) PSTP vouchers can be spread through the Summer 2006, Fall 2006, and/or Spring 2007 semesters
- For schools that do not have typical semesters, the six (6) PSTP vouchers can be used for courses that begin on or after April 1, 2006 and on or before March 31, 2007
- The employee is responsible for any taxes and other withholdings as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code. This taxation of educational benefits is subject to continuous change. Please contact your financial advisor or accountant for details.
Please refer to PEF Tuition Reimbursement section located on the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations Website.
There are no definitions for this policy for this policy at this time.
1. Obtain an application form by contacting your union directly or by downloading the PDF, located on the Governor’s Office for Employee Relations website.
2. Complete the application
- Complete a separate PSTP Voucher Program application for each course. Photocopy the blank application form if applying for more than one course.
- Read the application and guidelines carefully and provide all the information required, including school name and school code as they appear on the list of participating colleges, universities, and institutions.
- Enter the source and amount of any additional tuition assistance that has been, or will be received.
- Be sure that the application is complete and legible; incomplete and illegible applications will be denied.
3. Mail the application
- Mail the application no later than the school’s drop/add date. The postmark must be on or before this date.
- Mail the original application with an original signature. Because an original signature is required, no email or faxed copies are permitted.
- The Program Unit will review the application and provide written notification of approval or denial mailed to the employee’s home address
Mail the application to:
NYS Governor’s Office of Employee Relations
PSTP Voucher Program Unit
2 Empire State Plaza, 7th Floor
Albany, NY 12223
Links to Related Procedures and Information
Forms are available by contacting PEF or may be downloaded.
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2019-12-01||Five-year review|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
There are no approvals for this policy at this time.