|Responsible Unit||Office of Human Resources|
|Responsible Cabinet Member||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date|
|Last Review Date|
The Leave Donation Program permits employees to donate vacation credits to eligible co-workers. Recipients have usually been absent for extended periods due to personal illness and
There is no purpose/scope provided for this policy at this time
There is no applicability provided for this policy at this time
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Eligibility to Donate
In order to donate vacation credits, an employee must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be employed in the same agency or department as the employee to whom donations are made, though not necessarily at the same facility or location, OR be a family member of an eligible recipient employed in a different agency than the donor
- Must have a minimum vacation balance of at least 10 days after making the donation
Donations must be made in full day (7.5 or 8-hour) units.
Agency management may not disclose the identity of donors. Employees may not donate vacation credits that would otherwise have been forfeited. Note: donated leave is taken from the donor’s balance at the time it is needed by the recipient, not necessarily at the time of the donation.
Eligibility to Receive Donated Leave
In order to receive donated leave credits, an employee must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be employee in a union affiliated or M/C designated position
- Be subject to the Attendance Rules or otherwise be eligible to earn leave credits (UUP employees must be a calendar year or college year employee eligible to accrue vacation leave credits)
- Be absent due to a non-occupational personal injury or disability for which medical documentation satisfactory to management is submitted.
- Have exhausted all leave credits
- Be expected to continue to be absent for at least two biweekly payroll periods following exhaustion of leave credits or sick leave at half-pay
- Must not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within the last three years
- Be employed in the same department or agency as the donor
Links to Related Procedures and Information
Leave Donation Form
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2019-12-01||Five-year review|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
There are no approvals for this policy at this time.