|Responsible Unit||Finance and Management|
|Responsible Cabinet Member||VP for Administration & Finance|
|Last Revision Date|
|Last Review Date|
This policy dictates course fee waivers for all courses that are 100 percent online and do not utilize materials associated with a course fee.
All courses that are 100 percent online and do not utilize materials associated with a course fee will not be assessed a course fee.
This policy applies to all 100 percent online courses.
Course Fees – A fee may be charged for a course or courses that have extraordinary costs that meet the following criteria; this listing is not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Special course supplies and materials where the student retains an end product of worth,
- Special and unique services provided by the course,
- Extraordinary costs associated directly with degree, diploma, or certificate program delivery,
- Costs associated with a course specific to scientific chemicals, supplies and materials, modest equipment, and proper disposal of waste,
- The fee represents a financially significant savings to the student.
Course fees will not be assessed on courses that are 100 percent online and do not utilize materials associated with a course. Course fees may be assessed if students enrolled in online courses have access to and utilize materials associated with the course.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Management
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2025-05-19||Five-year review|
|Adoption Date||2020-05-19||Policy Adopted|
|Draft Review Date||2020-03-27||Draft Policy under 30-day Campus Review|
This policy was approved by President’s Cabinet on 2020-05-19