James J Cordeiro , Ph.D
- Professor and Chair, Accounting
Office: Hartwell Hall 115 B
- MSt (Practical Ethics), Oxford University (Pembroke College, ongoing)
- PhD, Management Systems, SUNY Buffalo
- MBA, Finance & Management Information Systems, University of Rochester
- BS, Microbiology and Chemistry, University of Bombay
Fellow: Romanell Center for Clinical Ethics & Philosophy of Medicine, University at Buffalo
Fellow: Corporate Governance Center, Kennesaw State U.
Competitive Awards: Economic Science & Research Council UK), Erasmus Mundus (EU)
Visiting scholar at Cardiff, Aston, Lund, CEU, Humboldt (Berlin), Padova, IIT (Bombay)
Selected Editorial Review Boards:
- Strategic Management Journal (Wiley), 2009 - Present.
- Organizations and Environment (Sage), 2012 – Present.
- Business Strategy and the Environment (Wiley), 2010 – Present.
- Corporate finance, corporate governance, CSR, sustainability, accounting
- Practical ethics (assistive gestational technologies, autonomous trucking, corporate farming)
Teaching Interests (Places taught)
- Corporate Finance (UG, MS, MBA) (Brockport, Buffalo), Sustainability (Clark)
- Strategic Management (UG, MBA) (Rutgers-Camden; Brockport)
- Algorithms at Work Reading Group, Law Faculty, Oxford University, 2022-2023
- Bioethics: The Law, Medicine, and Ethics of Reproductive Technologies and Genetics (Harvard X), 2021
- Certificate in Sustainable Business Strategies (Harvard Business School HBX) 2018
- Art and Craft of Discussion Leadership, Harvard Business School, 2009, 2014
- Teaching Cases Online, Harvard Business School Press, 2014
- American Council on Education (ACE) Leadership Academy for Department Chairs, 2012
- GRONEN (Group on Organizations and Natural Environment), Euromed, France, 2012, Hamburg, 2015
- Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability, Yale University (2012), Harvard Business School (2010)
- China Goes Global, Harvard Kennedy School (2008-2011)
- Faculty Development in International Business, U. of South Carolina, 2001
- Master Teacher’s Program, Georgia State University, 2000
- Business, Ethics and Religion, Yale University, 2000