Julie Pettit , MS
- Clinical Coordinator/senior Counselor
Office: Hazen Hall 135
Julie Pettit is the Clinic Coordinator of the Counseling Center, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), National Certified Counselor (NCC), Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), and Board Certified Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH). She joined the Counseling Center at the College in the fall of 2010. Prior to working at the College, Julie worked in various mental health clinics, as a Clinic Therapist, and even had her own private practice for a short time. She has provided services to community agencies as a mental health consultant and has served on the board of directors of the Mental Health Association in Orleans County.
Julie is also a Certified Trauma Informed Care and Counseling Provider, and Indigenous Psychotherapy Provider. She has worked with diverse populations, addressing a wide range of concerns. Her clinical interests include trauma, anxiety, depression, and anger management concerns. In her spare time, Julie enjoys reading, hammocking, visiting National Parks, spending time with her husband and two young adult children, and going to Maine whenever possible.
- MS, Mental Health Counseling, SUNY Brockport
- BA, Psychology/English, Roberts Wesleyan College
- LMHC, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- NCC, National Certified Counselor
- ACS, Approved Clinical Supervisor
- BC-TMH, Board Certified Telemental Health Provider
- Certification in Trauma Informed Care and Counseling, University at Buffalo
- Certification in ARCCT, Anti-Racist, Culturally Competent Treatment for Black Families