Bek Orr, Ph.D
- Assistant Professor, Women & Gender Studies, Sociology
Office: Liberal Arts 122
Bek Orr is a Brockport alum, having earned their Bachelor’s degree from the College in 2008. Bek earned their Masters and Doctorate in Sociology and a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women’s and Gender Studies from Syracuse University. Their research interests include LGBTQIA archives and communities, transgenerational exchange, and collective memory.
- MA in Sociology, Syracuse University, May 2010
- PhD in Sociology with a certificate of Advanced Studies in Women and Gender Studies at Syracuse University.
- Dissertation Title; Imagining Queer: LGBTQ Archives and the Construction of Queer Communities.
Areas of Specialty
Transgender Studies, Queer Archives, LGBTQ+ History, Digital Sociology, Sociology of Sex and Gender
- WMS 101 Introduction to Women & Gender Studies
- SOC/WMS 340 Digital Sociology and Online Communities
- WMS/ANT 365 LGBTQ+ Cultures
- WMS 411 Feminist Research Methodologies
- WMS 409/509 Feminist Theory