Bek Orr, Ph.D
Assistant Professor, Women & Gender Studies, Sociology
Office: Liberal Arts 122
Bek Orr is a Brockport alum, having earned their Bachelor’s degree from the College in 2008. Bek earned their Masters and Doctorate in Sociology and a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women’s and Gender Studies from Syracuse University. Bek spent the last four years at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia where they taught in the Department of Sociology. Bek’s research interests include LGBTQIA archives and communities, transgenerational exchange, and collective memory.
- MA in Sociology, Syracuse University, May 2010
- PhD in Sociology with a certificate of Advanced Studies in Women and Gender Studies at Syracuse University.
- Dissertation Title; Imagining Queer: LGBTQ Archives and the Construction of Queer Communities.
- WMS 101 Introduction to Women & Gender Studies
- WMS 411 Feminist Research Methodologies
- WMS 409/509 Feminist Theory