Peer Reviewed Articles
- Noh, S., & Park, J. H. (Accepted). The Determinants of Targeted Transparency in the U.S. States: The Roles of Targeted Organizations and State Fiscal Environments. Public Performance & Management Review (SSCI).
- Noh, S., & Park, J. H. (Online first). Does Medicaid Expansion Influence County Health Spending? A Case of New York Counties. Health Economics, Policy and Law (SSCI).
- Park, J. H., & Noh, S. (2021). Does Contracting out Matter to Financial Condition? The Case of New York Local Governments. Public Performance & Management Review (SSCI), 44(6), 1192-1214.
- Noh, S., Janousek, C. L., & Park, J. H. (2021). State strategies to address Medicaid prescription spending: negotiated pricing vs price transparency. Health Economics, Policy and Law (SSCI), 16(2), 201-215.
- Noh, S., & Park, J. H. (2020). Factors influencing the extent of local public spending through contracting-out and intermunicipal contracting in New York: focusing on institutional constraints, histories, and fiscal capacity. Local Government Studies (SSCI), 46(2), 206-227.
- Noh, S., & Brown, C. B. (2018). Factors associated with the number of substance abuse nonprofits in the U.S. states: Focusing on Medicaid expansion, certificate of need, and ownership. Nonprofit Policy Forum (SCOPUS), 9(2).
- Noh, S., & Janousek, C. (2018). Institutional design of the ACA health insurance exchanges: Factors affecting policy implementation in state administration. The Journal of Health and Human Services Administration (SCOPUS), 41(2), 153-195.
- Noh, S. (2016). Federal Strategies to Induce Resistant States to Participate in the ACA Health Exchanges. State and Local Government Review, 48(4), 227-235.
- Noh, S., & Krane, D. (2016). Implementing the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges: State government choices and policy outcomes. Publius: The Journal of Federalism (SSCI), 46(3), 416-440.
- Krane, D. & Noh, S. 2018. Partisan polarization, administrative capacity, and state discretion in the Affordable Care Act. Accepted for C. W. Stenberg III & D. Hamilton (Eds.), Intergovernmental Relations in Transition: Reflections and Directions. Routledge.
- Noh, S. (2017). Partisanship was not the only factor in how Obamacare exchanges were adopted by the states, The London School of Economics USCentre Blog.
- Noh, S. (2005). Factors affecting the National Assembly members’ performance in the inspection session of the Executive. (in Korean), Commissioned report issued by the Korean Legislative Studies Institute (KLSI).
Manuscript In Preparation
- Medicaid expansion and mental health nonprofits in the United States (Under Review)
- All-payer claims databases and Medicaid prescription drug spending between 2007 and 2014: Price transparency and Medicaid spending (Under Review)
- Medicaid Expansion and State Mental Health Expenditures
- State responses to the 2017 American Health Care Act in Congress
- The Affordable Care Act and state health expenditures
- The Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OPs) under stress: Nonprofit insurers in the American intergovernmental system
- Noh, S. State involvement in health exchanges and the density and size of health-related nonprofit organizations, at the 77th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Public Administration. Seattle, March 18-22, 2016.
- Noh, S. & Krane, D. Implementing Obamacare health insurance exchanges: State government choices and policy outcomes, at the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association. San Francisco, September 3-6, 2015.
- Noh, S. & Krane, D. Partisan polarization, administrative capacity, and state discretion in the Affordable Care Act, at the Deil S. Wright Symposium at the 75th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Public Administration. Washington DC, March 14-18, 2014.
- Noh, S. State policy implementation strategy and performance: A case of Children’s Health Insurance Program, at the 84th Annual Meeting of the Southern Political Science Association. Orlando, FL, January 3-5, 2013.
Teaching & Methodological Training
- 2018 January, 17th Annual Niagara Conference on Teaching and Learning, January 9,2018, Niagara University
- 2017 Fall, Introduction to Online Teaching (IOT) Training Certificate
- 2017 September, Conducting Research Using the 2014 Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP): Introductory Workshop,” September18-21, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
- 2017 August, Fredonia Teaching & Learning Conference, August 14, SUNY Fredonia
- 2017 April, Blend Until Smooth: Recipes for Hybrid Teaching and Learning Conference, April 14, SUNY Brockport
- 2016 November, The Lily Conference on College Teaching, November 17-20, the University of Miami, Oxford, Ohio
- 2016 September, Revolutionize Teaching: Online Teaching & Learning Expo, September 13, SUNY Brockport
- 2016 June, The American Evaluation Association Summer Evaluation Institute 2016
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis for Health and Human Service Programs
- Evaluating and Improving Organizational Collaboration
- Development and Use of Indicators for Program Evaluation
- 2016 June, The American Psychology Association Advanced Training Institute
- Big Data: Exploratory Data Mining in Behavioral Research
- 2016 May-June, 2016 Stats Camp: Summer Statistical Institute in the University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- R Track
- STATA Track
- 2015 August, The ICPSR Summer Program Immigration, Immigrants and Health Conditions, Health Status, and Policies: Examining Multilevel and Multidimensional Models and Approaches (sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- 2015 June, The first Biennial PMRA Doctoral Student Research Development Workshop