Zachary Robinson, Ph.D
Office: Smith Hall 118
- BS in Physics, SUNY Geneseo, 2007
- MS in Nanoscience, SUNY Albany Nano, 2009
- PhD in Nanoscience, SUNY Albany Nano, 2012
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Physics III
- Optics and Electronics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Advanced Lab II
- Senior Seminar
Dr. Robinson studies the surface science of thin-film growth processes that are used to fabricate next-generation electronic and photonic materials. He involves undergraduates in all aspects of his research, and invites anyone interested in doing research in his group to stop by his lab for a tour!
Recent Student Research Projects
- Andrew Rowley: Tube-Furnace Modification of Niobium Oxide Thin-Films for Memristor Applications, ongoing.
- Mayuka Sasaki: Synthesis of Two-Dimensional Materials: Development and Automation of an Ultra-High Vacuum System, 2016-2018.
- Alex Sidou: Growth of Graphene on Silicon Carbide, 2017.
- Heather Lavallee: Design and Assembly of Inert Gas Annealing Chamber for Aluminum Nitride Films, 2016.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Washington D.C., 2012-2015
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, SUNY Brockport, 2014-present