Timothy Henry, Ph.D
Associate Professor and Athletic Training Program Director
Office: Tuttle South 260
Tim Henry came to SUNY Brockport in 1997. He is a journal reviewer for the Journal of Sport Rehabilitation and The Journal of Athletic Training,
- PhD, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., SUNY College at Cortland
Areas of Specialty
- Athletic Training/Sports Medicine
- Neuromuscular Control in Rehabilitation
- Upper Extremity Rehabilitation
- Functional Rehabilitation and Injury in Equestrian Athletes
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellent in Teaching Recipient, May 2014.
- Lephart S.M., Henry T.J., Fu F.H. “The Effects of Neuromuscular Control Exercises on Functional Stability in the Unstable Shoulder,” September 1995. Supported by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association. Granted amount: $15,000.
- Henry T.J., Lephart S.M. “An Electromyographic Analysis of Dynamic Stabilizing Exercises for the Shoulder.” Supported by the University of Pittsburgh School of Education. Granted amount: $1,175.
- Henry T.J. Education Reform in Athletic Training: An Important Step in Improving the Care of Student-Athletes. International Journal of Sport Management. 3(2): 2001.
- Henry T.J, Lephart SM, Giraldo J. Stone D, Fu FH. The Effect of Muscle Fatigue on Dynamic Stabilization of the Shoulder. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 10(4):2001.
- Lephart SM, Henry T.J. “Restoration of Proprioception and Neuromuscular Control of the Unstable Shoulder.” Chapter 36 in: Proprioception and Neuromuscular Control in Joint Stability.” Lephart and Fu, Eds. Human Kinetics, 2000.
- Henry T.J, Cohen L. Fabricating Foot Orthotics. Athletic Therapy Today. 5(1): 2000.