Office: Edwards A 6
Mike Smith is the Chief Engineer in the Department of Journalism, Broadcasting & Public Relations at SUNY Brockport. Having spent nearly 24 years at WHEC-TV, Channel 10 in Rochester, he is thrilled to return to his alma mater. Mike and his wife enjoy traveling — their goal is to travel all 50 states before they turn 50!
- BS, Communication, SUNY Brockport
- AS, Information Technology, Finger Lakes Community College.
- Production field gear (wireless mics, cameras, lights).
- In-studio equipment including studio cameras, wireless/wired mics, lights/lighting consoles, as well as, audio and video systems (studio, on-air and remote).
- Video encoding equipment, video switchers, audio consoles, desktop computers and servers.
- Presentation technology installation and maintenance.
- Studio production
- Editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Video switching (technical director) of live newscasts, remote broadcasts and other production.
- Master control operations.
- Audio mixing for live newscasts, remote broadcasts and other production.
- In-studio camera work for live newscasts and production work.
- Studio lighting and set construction.
- Creation of on-air graphics
Theater and Stage Experience
- Lighting for MDA Telethon and Strong Children’s Telethon for television broadcasts.
- P.A. equipment set-up and operation for remote broadcasts and musical and theatrical productions.
- College theater set building, master electrician, lighting designer, and sound engineer.
- CompTia A+
- Beginning and Intermediate Certificates of Completion in Multi-Track Recording
- National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians
- Society of Broadcast Engineers
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit