Title: Distinguished Professor Awardees Announced
Date: March 09, 2021
Summary: Spring 2021 awardees have been selected for the Distinguished Professor Graduate Student Award.
Congratulations to the following graduate students whose projects have been awarded the Distinguished Professor Award. This award supports student efforts to produce a substantial and original scholarly project—research and/or creative endeavor— that fulfills program requirements.
Kyle Morton (Environmental Science and Ecology)
- Project Title: Telemetry and mark-recapture data characterize juvenile lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) in the Lower Genesee River of Lake Ontario, NY
- Project Summary: My project utilizes ultrasonic transmitters and environmental data loggers to help characterize the movements of threatened juvenile lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) in the Lower Genesee River in Rochester, New York, aiding in the fulfillment of research gaps acknowledged by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Christeen Abraham (Biology)
- Project Title: ICC Development: An Unfinished Story
- Project Summary: Write a literature review of ICC (Interstitial Cells of Cajal) development and submit to Physiological Reports, a peer-reviewed journal, for publication.
Alexis Reitler (Environmental Science & Ecology)
- Project Title: An investigation into the control and extent of European dewberry (Rubus caesius) in Western New York
- Project Summary: The objective of this project is to quantify the number of sites invaded by European dewberry, and the plant community differences within and between the sites.
Contact Info: Jamie Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org