Title: Nominations Open for Student Organization Awards
Every club, organization, and officer faced their own unique challenges and has something to be proud of from this past year. And we want to hear about it!
The Resiliency Recognition Awards showcase our amazing student organizations and what their proudest accomplishments were this past year. We encourage all officers who are completing this form to include a photo that they feel best represents their organization. The form can be submitted more than once per organization, and additional photos can be sent to email@example.com. Are you proud of your club/organization? Tell us why!
Event of the Year
This award is given to a registered student organization that hosted an event (on-campus or virtually) during the previous school year. The award specifically recognizes events or programs that are collaborative, innovative, and unique, reach a wide audience on campus, and have clearly stated outcomes.
- 2021 Recipient: Danceworks, Student Dance Organization
- 2020 Recipient: Benefit Showcase, Brockport Dance Team
- 2019 Recipient: A Taste of Diversity, by Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Lambda Sigma Upsilon Latino Fraternity Inc., Omega Phi Beta Sorority Inc., and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.
- 2018 Recipient: Brockport Beats Brain Tumors, by Men’s Club Ice Hockey
- 2017 Recipient: Solidarity Walk, by Men of Color’s
- 2016 Recipient: The Better Sex Talk Campaign Photo Shoot, by Brockport Against Rape and Sexual Assault (BARS)’s
- 2015 Recipient: Fresh Water Challenge, by African Student Union (ASU)
- 2014 Recipient: Cancer Doesn’t Fly with Eagles’ St. Baldrick’s Event
- 2013 Recipient: Jennifer Boylan: A Life in Two Genders, by SOUL (Now Brockport Pride Association)
Advisor of the Year
This award will be presented to the student organization advisor that showed outstanding leadership and advisement in supporting the efforts of the student organization. The individual receiving this award will be judged on their advisory and support skills for the student organization.
- 2021 Recipient: Brittany Profit-Rheinwald, Phi Sigma Sigma and Student Nursing Organization
- 2020 Recipient: Dr. Steven Jurek, EUROSIM
- 2019 Recipient: Garrett w. Roe, Brockport Swing Dance Society
- 2018 Recipient: Warren “Koz” Kozireski, 89.1 The Point
- 2017 Recipient: Dr. Barbara Kasper, Student Social Work Organization (SSWO)
- 2016 Recipient: Lynne Maier, Brockport Against Rape and Sexual Assault (BARS)
- 2015 Recipient: Dr. Justin Walden, Brockport Public Relations Club
- 2014 Recipient: Agnes Seneway, Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- 2013 Recipient: Warren “Koz” Kozireski, 89.1 The Point
OEDI (Outstanding Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion) Award
This award will be presented to a registered student organization that has demonstrated (a) sustained initiative(s) to promote diversity, build community, raise awareness, and create a more inclusive and equitable atmosphere at SUNY Brockport.
- 2021 Recipient: Women of Color Empowerment
- 2020 Recipient: Special Olympics Club
- 2019 Recipient: The Movement
- 2018 Recipient: Men of Color
- 2017 Recipient: Brockport Muslim Student Association
Officer of the Year
This award is open to a student organization officer. This award recognizes an individual who publicly advanced the mission of their organization while challenging and encouraging the membership to advance new initiatives, acquire new skills, and prepare the organization for leadership transition and ongoing success. This award is bestowed upon the individual who has illustrated the commitment and leadership that they have offered their organization/group, and most especially the community of – and/or surrounding - SUNY Brockport as a whole.
- 2021 Recipient: Stevie Rudak, Dance Team and Meditation, Mindfulness and Healing Club
- 2020 Recipient: Alysha Rios, Students of African Descent (OSAD)
- 2019 Recipient: Matthew Kensek, English Club
- 2018 Recipient: Bailey Morse, Gender Equity Movement (G.E.M)
- 2017 Recipient: Christopher Burrows, Men’s Club Soccer
- 2016 Recipient: John Benicasco, SOUL and Vox: Voices for Choice
- 2015 Recipient: Meghan Brown, Brockport Swing Dance Society
- 2014 Recipient: Helem Fabre, SOUL
- 2013 Recipient: Michael Furness and Charles Ferussi
“Unsung Hero” (Member) Award
This award recognizes a registered student organization member who has established themselves as a rising leader and made significant contributions to his or her organization but is not within an officially recognized leadership capacity for that student organization. This student gives their all to the organization, demonstrating true commitment and devotion to the organization’s causes both on campus and in the community. The nominee may be a member – they may not be the president of or in an officer capacity within their organization. The nominee should demonstrate potential for advancement to a leadership position and go above and beyond the typical requirements for a student organization general member.
- 2021 Recipient: Lily Wegerski, Honors Club
- 2020 Recipient: Haley Thompson, Delta Phi Epsilon
- 2019 Recipient: Stevie Rudak, Brockport Dance Team
- 2018 Recipient: Mark Washington, Brockport Men’s Rugby Football Club
- 2017 Recipient: Ryan DiPaola, SOUL (Now Brockport Pride Association)
- 2016 Recipient: Marisa Gosdeck, Brockport Advocates for individuals with Disabilities
- 2015 Recipient: Kristen Kopunek, Active Minds
- 2014 Recipient: Leah Smeltzer, Brockport Women’s Rugby
- 2013 Recipient: Kenny Beck, Circle K