The deadline to submit nominations for faculty and staff to run in elections for several positions in Brockport’s College Senate is Friday, March 11, 2022. These important leadership roles help the institution achieve meaningful shared governance.
Faculty and Professional Staff: please consider nominating yourselves or your peers for one of the following positions on the College Senate.
- College Senate President-Elect 2022-23 (then serves as President 2023-24, and Past-President 2024-25): Leads the College Senate and plays critical roles in shared governance across the institution.
- University Faculty Senator 2022-25: Represents SUNY Brockport on the SUNY system’s University Faculty Senate; sits on Brockport College Senate’s Executive Committee
- Alternate University Faculty Senator 2022-25: Serves as the alternate for the elected position above.
- Senator-at-Large 2022-24 (Two positions): In addition to representatives elected by individual academic departments and administrative units, these three college-wide elected positions are voting members of Brockport’s College Senate.
- Senator-at-Large 2022-24 (for a part-time teaching or non-teaching professional staff, at least 0.5 FTE).
Please see the attached pdf of instructions for distributing an online nomination form, which requires at least 25 e-signatures from faculty and staff and needs to be submitted by Friday, March 11, 2022. Nominees will subsequently be asked to deliver brief statements during the March 21, 2022, Senate meeting before running in late March online elections.
If you have any questions about this process or the Senate positions, please contact the current President-Elect Jason Morris.