Title: Mail & Parcel Delivery During College Shutdown Period
This year’s shutdown period for Mailing Services will be from December 24, 2021, through January 2, 2022. This year’s shutdown period for Central Receiving will be from December 20, 2021, through January 2, 2022
As a result of the College being closed during the holiday period, services offered by the Departments of Mailing Services and Central Receiving will be curtailed.
To ensure that faculty, staff, and student time-sensitive mail needs are met, the services detailed below will be offered:
1. Campus deliveries will not take place, for Mailing Services or Central Receiving during the shutdown period but we encourage interested individuals and/or departments to pick up sorted United States Postal Mail at the Mailing Services ground floor of the Allen Administration Building:
- Mail pick up will be available between the hours of 10 am until 12 pm on the following dates:
- Monday, December 27th, 2021
- Thursday, December 30th, 2021
- Entrance to the Allen Administration Building will be available at the back loading dock door during the above times.
- Central Receiving will not be open during the shutdown.
2. Outgoing Mail Options:
- As a result of temperature sensitive equipment not being operational, we are not able to offer the metering of outgoing mail during this time.
- All time-sensitive outgoing mail and parcels must be delivered to Mailing Services no later than 2 pm on Thursday, December 23, 2021.
- During the shutdown period, pre-stamped outgoing mail may be dropped off at Mailing Services for delivery to the Post Office. This service will be available only on the dates outlined above.
- For individual, urgent, off-campus mailings, departments may purchase stamps and/or drop off packages at a US Post Office branch using a Citibank Procurement Card as the preferred method of payment.
Mailing Services and Central Receiving will reopen for full services on Monday, January 3, 2021, at 7:30 am.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Carlson for Mailing Services and Steve Sheffield for Central Receiving questions.