Title: Productivity Enhancement Program for 2022: UUP & MC-13
The Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) allows eligible UUP and MC-13 employees to exchange previously accrued vacation leave in return for a credit to be applied towards their employee share of health insurance premiums on a biweekly basis.
*Note: Faculty excluded unless you have 12-month obligation and accrue vacation.
Sick accruals may not be exchanged for this program.
The enrollment period for the 2022 plan year will be from Monday, November 1, 2021, through Monday, November 29, 2021.
The credit applied is $23.08/$46.15 per pay period OR the biweekly cost of the enrollee’s employee share NYSHIP contribution, whichever is less. Part-time employees will be pro-rated accordingly based on work percentage.
Below you will find the eligibility criteria and enrollment information.
UUP and MC-13 with an annual salary of $72,366 and below:
Full-time employees who enroll in this program forfeit a total of:
3 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit up to $600/$23.08 per check.
6 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit of up to $1200/$46.15 per check.
UUP and MC-13 earning more than $72,366 and below $103,413:
2 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit of up to $600/$23.08 per check.
4 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit up to $1200/$46.15 per check.
- Be employed on a Calendar Year or College Year basis;
- Be a full-time employee with an annual salary below $103,413 OR part-time employee whose biweekly salary is within this salary range at the time of enrollment;
- Be an employee covered by the 2016-22 New York State/UUP Collective Bargaining Agreement or a SUNY MC employee;
- Be a NYSHIP enrollee (contract holder) in either the Empire Plan or an HMO;
- Be eligible to receive an employer contribution toward NYSHIP premiums (or be on leave without pay from a position in which the employee is normally eligible for an employer share contribution toward NYSHIP premiums); and
- Have a sufficient annual leave balance to make the full leave forfeiture without bringing their annual leave balance below 8 days or a prorated balance for part-time employees respectively
To enroll in the program for the 2022 plan year, employees must meet all eligibility criteria at the time of enrollment.
Please complete the form found below. Forms may be faxed to (585) 395-5275 or mailed to The Benefits and Payroll Office.