After 16 years at SUNY Brockport, in a number of roles in Advancement and currently serving as the Director of Donor Relations & Stewardship, Jamie Beers-Wilson has announced plans to take a new position at the Memorial Art Gallery. Jamie has been an integral member of the leadership team in Advancement and will be greatly missed. Her last day at Brockport will be December 16 and, on behalf of the entire Division of Advancement & Communications, we thank her for her tremendous service to SUNY Brockport and wish her well in her new position!
A reminder that our Divisional holiday party will be Wednesday, Dec. 21, starting at 4 pm at the ROC Holiday Village on Court Street. We have arranged for parking for everyone at the REOC (161 Chestnut Street) that evening.
Updates and campus news:
- As I shared with the Directors yesterday, our Division will slightly modify our spring Telecommuting plans starting Jan. 16. As the Communications side of the Division has been doing, anyone who is going to take the two-day-a-week WFH plan will now work at home on Wednesday and one other day each week. With this change, everyone will know that A&C is WFH on Wednesday. This is a change for ADV, but the same system that COMM has been using. This new model will bring more people in the office on the other four days of the week. Directors will share more information with everyone.
- Applications to Brockport for incoming students are nearing 6,000 – well ahead of any previous year! – as we attempt to reach our enrollment goals. Last weekend’s Open House was well attended with nearly 300 students and more than 700 total visitors.
- Yesterday afternoon, Jim Wall (VP for Administration & Finance) and Darson Rhodes (co-chair, with Jim, of the Joint Planning & Budget Committee) presented a budget Town Hall for campus and shared details on our funding sources, enrollment, budget projections and initial strategies to close gaps. We have a current reserve of $31 million as we continue to work toward resolving a $10 million annual structural deficit.
- November 29, 6 pm, OEDI Lecture: Indigenous Resilience and the Modern Native American, with Military Science instructor Major Cherelle Garner, 223 Seymour Student Union
- November 30, 4:30 pm, College Council meeting, REOC
- December 2, First Friday, 4:00-5:30 pm, NY Room, Cooper Hall
- December 14, Campus-wide Holiday Open House, 3:00-5:00 pm, NY Room, Cooper Hall
There will not be a newsletter next week.
Stay safe in the snow and wind this weekend and have a great Thanksgiving!