What a beautiful Friday, and it looks like a great weekend coming up. I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this fantastic stretch of weather!
This coming Monday is the 43rd annual Bob Boozer Golden Eagle Open golf tournament. Several members of the Division will either be playing or working. It should be a great morning and afternoon of community building with faculty, staff, alumni, emeriti, and friends. If we missed you this year, but you want to play next year … it looks like the date for the 44th annual will be Aug. 14, 2023, so start working on your game.
President’s Cabinet this week included a great presentation by Karen Riotto, Mark Stacy, and Dan Dippel on a new large-format printer we will be getting as a campus. I believe there will be numerous opportunities for our Division to be able to use it. It also will be available for outside business/organizations to contract with the College to print items. See the attached for some examples.
Among the other topics at Cabinet were:
- conversations on the search for the new Vice President for Administration and Finance (Jim Wall’s expected retirement date is Dec. 31, 2022);
- a presentation from BITS on the IT Roadmap for this year;
- budget discussions;
- employee recognition at the President’s Opening of School address on Aug. 23;
- continuing discussions on Work From Home (waiting on more SUNY guidance; the current plan expires Aug. 31);
- Commencement (considering some slight modifications); and
- the Academic Convocation (where alumna Christal Dewberry ’17/’20 will provide remarks to our entering students; Kerry, thanks for arranging that).
Other meetings this week included planning for the April 8, 2024s Solar Eclipse – Patrick and David, it was great to have you join the group! – and the dedication of the Fannie Barrier Building on Oct. 6 – Jamie, thanks for taking the lead on this important event!
Next Friday is the College Leadership Summit.
Please be sure to have the President’s Opening of School address on your calendars. It will be Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 9:30 am in the Tower Fine Arts Theater and will be followed by a campus luncheon in Union Square.