Some additional motivational quotes as autumn begins and we close out the fourth week of the semester:
“I didn’t get there by wishing for it, but by working for it.” – Estee Lauder
“If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.” – Buddha
Yesterday’s Cider & Donuts afternoon, sponsored by the Care & Celebration Committee, was a nice success. About 75 people faculty and staff popped in to Alumni House to enjoy the company of colleagues from across campus. Thanks to members of the A&C team who were able to participate. We will announce the next Care & Celebration event soon.
Thanks to David for leading our first Team Day on Tuesday. Get to work on those meetings with team members!
On Wednesday, Cabinet approved some additional funding for a fall marketing campaign focused on the affordability of a Brockport education. A TV commercial will air in the Rochester market beginning next month, as well as on select streaming platforms in other markets across New York State. Electronic billboards will be up in Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, and Long Island. College Communications is hard at work finishing the creative and we’re excited to see the campaign launch in October. Thanks to all involved for your hard work.
The estate of late emeritus professor (English) Earl Ingersoll has been finalized and the Foundation received a $100,000 final payment to be applied to the Ingersoll Family Endowment. Earl and Mary were incredibly supportive of the College while they were alive and their legacy will live on forever through their generosity.
In other business this week:
- Danique and I had a great conversation with faculty Jennifer Ashton and Jessica Sniatecki about an Accessible Events Checklist
- In Cabinet, it was decided that we will hold two Commencement Ceremonies in 2023, both on Friday, May 12. Students who earn Graduate degrees will be recognized and hooded during their School’s ceremony (rather than a separate Graduate Ceremony).
The scheduled College Senate meeting for this coming Monday has been moved to Oct. 3 in observance of Rosh HaShanah (the Jewish High Holidays). More on the new General Education program plans will be discussed.
- New Turf Field Dedication tomorrow (9/24), 1 pm
- Courage Bowl Luncheon, Thurs., 9/29 and football game vs. St. John Fisher, Sat., 10/1, 6 pm
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) Poster Session, Fri., 9/30, 1-3 pm, Drake Library
- BPort Homecoming & Family Weekend, Thurs.-Sat., 10/6-8
Enjoy your weekend!