- SUNY Brockport is a tobacco, smoke and vape-free campus
- All freshman residence halls are alcohol-free regardless of age.
- All residence halls are locked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All guests must have photo identification.
- All residence halls have Quiet Hours: 7 pm – 7 am Sunday – Thursday, and midnight – 7 am Friday – Saturday. The last week of classes and finals week have extended 24-hour Study Quiet Hours. We expect our students to abide by 24-hour courtesy hours, during which they are mindful of the impact of noise on their community.
- Our On-Campus Housing License listed below has the list of prohibited items.
The University does not inspect or supervise private, off-campus housing facilities. Operators of off-campus housing facilities must, under federal and state law, make them uniformly available to all students without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or national origin. The Office of Residential Life is not a party to any lease or contract between a student and an operator of private housing.
Guests (any non-licensee) must abide by all University rules, regulations, and policies. All guests are expected to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Guests must provide a valid photo identification that includes their date of birth. During designated hours, guests must be signed into a residential facility. Overnight guests must be at least 17 years old, unless otherwise approved. Current high school students, regardless of age, are prohibited from staying overnight, unless participating in an approved, University-sponsored program.
Licensees are responsible (financially and otherwise) for the behavior of their guests. Licensees must be present during the guest’s entire visit. No guest may remain overnight more than two (2) nights in any given seven (7) day period without prior approval from the Resident Director. Once a guest has stayed two (2) nights, they must wait another seven (7) days before staying overnight again. Guests must have the verbal permission of all residents assigned to the living space and must sign in at the front desk (with the Resident Assistant or Night Desk Attendant) during designated hours. If a licensee and guest leave the building at any time, they must sign-out. If they return, they must sign back in. The University reserves the right to deny or revoke access to any guest in keeping with the terms and conditions of The On-Campus Housing License. Licensees may sign in up to two (2) guests but the following maximum occupancies apply:
- Corridor style rooms: 5 maximum occupants (2 occupants +3 guests max)
- 3 person suites: 6 maximum occupants (3 occupants + 3 guests max)
- 4 person suites: 7 maximum occupants (4 occupants + 3 guests max)
- 5 person suites: 9 maximum occupants (5 occupants + 4 guests max)
- 6 person suites: 10 maximum occupants (6 occupants + 4 guests max)
- Eagle Hall: 5 maximum occupants (2 occupants +3 guests max)
- Student Townhome: 10 maximum occupants (4 occupants + 6 guests max)
Policies and Procedures
- On-Campus Housing License
- Spring 2024 Housing Refund Schedule
- Fall 2023 Housing Refund Schedule
- Spring 2023 Housing Refund Schedule
- Fall 2022 Housing Refund Schedule
BREAK NOTICES & INFORMATION:
ADDITIONAL POLICIES, FORMS, AND INFORMATION:
- How to Set Your Room/Suite PIN
- How to Upload Your On-Campus Housing License
- The Code of Student Conduct
- Therapy Animal Policy
- Issue Reporting Center
- Gender Inclusive Housing Information
- Section 6438 of New York State Fire Code
- Residency Requirement
- Student Conduct
- Hazing Policy
- Bedbug Identification and Extermination Process
- Verification of Residence (pdf)
- Resources and Reporting Obligations Regarding Students of Concern (pdf)
- Donation Collection and Tabling Request Form
- FERPA: What you need to know
- Under Full-Time Status Application
- Mildew Identification & Remediation Process