Receive news about upcoming Health Promotion & Prevention Education programs and events!
An EagleCHECK is an intentional decision that an individual or group makes to intervene in a situation that has the potential to be risky, dangerous, harmful, hurtful, unhealthy or an emergency.
Party Smart exists to educate students about how drugs and alcohol can pose a serious threat to the health and well-being of the members of our community.
We strive to make health contagious. Evidence and theory-based practices are used to assist students in developing and maintaining healthy behaviors, skills, and attitudes that enhance personal development, academic success, and campus/community well-being.
Health Promotion & Prevention Education staff support this mission by:
- Assessing student health and development needs and addressing them appropriately
- Encouraging student responsibility for individual and community well-being
- Engaging actively with student leaders and organizations
- Facilitating individual and group education and skill building sessions
- Providing opportunities for leadership, advocacy, and development
- Creating a health-promoting normative environment
- Developing and maintaining campus/community coalitions and collaborative relationships