Proud Eagles is a component of the Leadership Development Program open to all students currently enrolled in a certificate.
This program is designed to provide support and education for students who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ and allied communities. At the conclusion of the academic year, successful participants will earn the Proud Eagles Designation on their Leadership Development Program Certificate.
As a result of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain relevant theoretical models of orientation identity development, as it relates to their own identity.
- Recognize the importance of intersectionality and how it affects their orientation identity development.
- Identify on and off campus resources available to assist members of the LGBTQIA+ community, as well as opportunities for community service with LGBTQIA+ focused organizations.
- Define social justice, articulate salient turning points within the LGBTQIA+ rights movement, and understand how these contribute to the advancement of LGBTQIA+ rights.
- Feel empowered within their orientation identity and gain the ability to influence others.
Overview of Proud Eagles
- Participate in and complete all Leadership Development Program certificate requirements
Attend three workshops in addition to the required Leadership Development workshops, which will address the following topics:
- Identity and Intersectionality
- History of the LGBTQIA+ rights movement
- What does social justice mean at Brockport?
- Meet monthly with your Proud Eagles mentor
- Complete three journal responses and discuss with your mentor
- Participate in one community service event each semester at a local LGBTQIA+ serving organization
Have questions or would like to learn more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org