About the Intercultural Center
The Intercultural Center fosters an inclusive and supportive environment that inspires students to become engaged members of the SUNY Brockport Community and beyond. We are dedicated to providing students of color with opportunities for leadership development, celebration, collaboration, education, and reflection on a range of issues related to inclusive excellence.
We want our students to engage in critical, civil discourse and to know that their voices matter, and we know that we have an important role to play in ensuring that we support their academic and civic development.
- Provide services and opportunities to support development of leadership and advocacy skills for underrepresented students.
- Serve as a resource for existing student organizations for underrepresented students and assist in the development and establishment of future cultural, academic, service and social organizations to meet the growing needs of underrepresented students.
- Provide a forum for deep and multifaceted discussions around collective interests, issues and concerns.
- Serve as a safe space, resource, facilitator, coordinator and provider of support for underrepresented students.
- Work collaboratively with the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs offices and academic departments to support programs aimed at supporting the development and retention of the underrepresented student population.
EMPOWERMENT (I AM)
We support students as they discover, embrace, and celebrate their identities by fostering self-awareness through exploration of values, culture, and the world around them.
ACADEMIC SUCCESS (GATHERING)
We assist students as they build connections with campus partners to further their academic growth to broaden views, increase knowledge, and increase preparedness for their journey at Brockport and beyond.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (BECOMING)
We cultivate students’ development of leadership, communication, and networking skills to reach their limitless opportunities.