All students pay a mandatory, non-user-based Health Center fee. In addition to supporting the operation of the Health Center, the fee is used to promote many health and wellness programs conducted for the benefit of students. Some services require an additional charge that will be posted to the student’s bill. These services are listed below.
|Office visit (without health fee)||$20.00|
|Air cast ankle||$25.00|
|Crutches not returned||$30.00|
|Plan B (MAP)||$16.00|
|Procedure fee (dermabond)||$30.00|
Staffed by registered nurses and nurse practitioners, the clinic provides care for a wide variety of health needs such as:
- Injuries: Athletic, wound care, trauma (e.g. fallen on ice)
- Sickness: respiratory infections, bladder infections, asthma, flu, vomiting/diarrhea, mono, etc.
- Anxiety and Depression evaluation and treatment
- Gynecological visits
- Tobacco/Nicotine cessation
- Sexual Health including PrEP, STI and HIV testing
- Contraceptive management
- Condom Delivery Program (Order Condom Delivery Here)
- Lab visits
- Stay proactive with Covid precautions, wear a mask in large crowds, distance, avoid those that are sick, continue with good handwashing and get vaccinated. Do not attend classes if you have Covid-like symptoms.
- Physicals: Employment/volunteer, ROTC, international travel
- Immunizations: Don’t let the MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Meningitis, and COVID-19 requirements keep you out of classes! Keep in mind shots like tetanus, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, Gardasil and tuberculosis screening (known as PPD) that might need updating. Specific vaccines may also be available.
- Health Education Offerings: A wide variety of health & wellness topics
Tobacco Cessation Assistance
- Self-help information available at Hazen and at www.nysmokefree.com.
- Schedule an appointment for tobacco cessation. A nurse practitioner will assist you to explore your tobacco use habit and help you create a personalized quit plan.
Area Pharmacy Delivery Programs
Need help getting your medications to campus? Speak to one of our area pharmacies; they offer many programs such as free mail order and Instacart delivery.
Medication deliveries should NOT be sent to Hazen.
Over-the-counter remedies are available without waiting or charge for minor problems with colds, pain, and wounds. Just stop in and see what’s available.
- Cold Care Pack: Choose between regular and alternative health packs.
- Pain Relief Care Pack: Try either ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve those typical discomforts like minor headaches, sprains and strains, and menstrual cramps.
- Wound Care Kits: Self-treatment for minor injuries like blisters, small cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Free Condoms: Internal and External, free delivery program available.
If you use the self-care packs as directed and you do not feel better in 2-3 days, or if your condition worsens, please make an appointment with the Health Center.
Transportation Options (at student’s expense)
THROUGH LYFT, UBER & BASC
BASC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
Hazen does not transport students to off-campus medical appointments. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
- If the health center refers a student that was seen in the health center to an emergency room, and the patient is stable, we may be able to transport to the closest emergency room during business hours.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances (i.e., infectious disease outbreak, staff shortage that would jeopardize clinic flow and safety, vehicle unavailability due to maintenance issues, etc.), vehicle transportation by Hazen staff may not be available and students will need to secure alternate means of transportation.