Immunization Information

The following requirements must be completed before classes begin or you will be deregistered and not permitted to attend classes. In addition, a hold will be placed on your account and you will be charged a fee to re-register for the classes.

To ensure a healthy and safe campus community, if you plan to enroll in at least one in-person class, live on campus, or access in-person services or facilities at SUNY Brockport, you are required to comply with NYS Immunization requirements for secondary education.

New York State requires students to provide immunization records by the first day of classes. We must receive your immunization records before classes start to avoid de-registration from classes.

Transfer Students: Immunization records are not automatically forwarded with your academic transcript. You must contact your previous college to request your immunization records or check their website for the ability to print off your immunization records to be sent to Brockport.

Required Immunizations

  1. Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine requirements can be met through one of the following:
    • Two doses of MMR vaccine
    • Two doses of Measles and one dose of Mumps and one dose of Rubella vaccine
    • Medical documentation of history of disease(s)
    • Blood titers showing immunity (lab report required)
    • Born before 1/1/1957
  2. Meningitis: NYS Public Health Law 2167 became effective January 1, 2017. This law requires all colleges/universities to distribute information about meningococcal disease and vaccination. For more information regarding New York State PHL Section 2167 meningococcal disease and vaccinations please see meningococcal disease fact sheet. According to the NYS Public Health Law 2167 every student is required to address the meningitis requirement. To meet this requirement provide proof of vaccine given in last five years or decline the vaccine through My Hazen the patient portal
    • Proof of at least 1 dose of meningococcal ACWY vaccine (Menveo, Menactra or MenQuadfi)
    • OR a complete 2 or 3 - dose series of Meningitis B (Trumenba or Bexsero) vaccine
    • OR complete the waiver form refusing meningococcal vaccine which can be found on My Hazen under the “Forms” tab in the box labeled “Immunization Communication”. **

**If you are under the age of 26 and living in the residence halls, it is strongly recommended that you be vaccinated against meningitis and do not waive this requirement.  

Meningococcal ACWY Vaccine: What You Need to Know

Meningococcal B Vaccine: What You Need to Know


COVID-19 vaccinations will be strongly encouraged for students, but no longer required as a condition of enrollment at SUNY Brockport.

Please be aware, students that test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate per New York State Department of Health.

  • Avoid missing classes, work and campus events, get your COVID-19 booster now!

More information about Quarantine & Isolation

How to Submit Vaccination History

Acceptable proof of immunizations are:

  • physician’s office printout or
  • certificate from high school or
  • other postsecondary institution

Upload all of your vaccine history and your CDC COVID vaccine card to My Hazen.

  • Go to the “Upload” tab
  • From the drop down menu, select “Immunization Records” and “Select File” by browsing to where your record is saved on your computer or phone
  • Attach it, then click “Upload”
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the document and make sure it looks correct.

If you have questions, please email the Health Center.

Print Your Immunization Records