Scholarship Application Timeline
- November 15, 2023: Brockport Foundation Scholarship Portal Opens to Receive Applications
- February 15, 2024 (11:59 pm): AcademicWorks Closes. 2024-25 Scholarship Applications are no longer accepted EXCEPT for the Douglas A. Feldman LGBTQ Paper Award, and the Department of Dance Experiential Learning Funds.
- February 26, 2024: Scholarship Review Committees Receive Access to Review Candidates
- April 1, 2024: Selection Committee Submission Deadline to Foundation Scholarship Office
- April 5 – May 1, 2024: Scholarship Recipients Notified via Their Brockport Email From Foundation Scholarship Office. Please note that due to the nature of some scholarships, notification may occur after May 1.
- May 1, 2024: Student Post-Acceptance / Thank Your Benefactor Items Due in AcademicWorks. Please note thank-you items will only be accepted after this date with permission from the Scholarship Office.
- Mid-July – July 31, 2024: Scholarships Posted to Individual Student Accounts. Please note that the scholarship may be posted after July 30 due to unforeseen circumstances.
- August 1, 2024: Applicants Notified of Not Receiving Scholarships They Applied for via Their Brockport Email. Scholarship recipients should check their Financial Aid & Billing Account to ensure an accurate application and amount of funds.
Scholarship Award Disbursement
With few exceptions, Brockport Foundation Scholarships applies all awards through Student Accounts and they are typically divided equally between the fall and springs semester. The scholarship office is willing to work with students in applying the award to one semester depending on the scholarship agreement and the reason for the request. For example, a student may request that their award be paid completely in the fall semester, as the student will graduate in December.
The exception to the direct application of scholarships to a student’s account is when the donor has requested that the award be paid as a check. Please note that recipients will be provided IRS Form 1099-MISC if they received a check in the amount of $600, or more, and may be subject to report the scholarship(s) as miscellaneous income on their tax return(s).
Students should not plan to use scholarships for the next academic year during the summer term unless the scholarship specific states such. The Brockport Foundation announces scholarships in the spring and awards are disbursed in the upcoming academic year.
Student applicants should have at least one, preferably two, semesters of study remaining at SUNY Brockport at the time they receive notification of their scholarship.