Transfer Application Information

Submit the required materials outlined below to finish your application.


Fall Admission: August 1

All required documents must be received by Aug. 8

Spring Admission: January 4

All required documents must be received by Jan. 10

Required Documents

Once you have started your application in either the Common Application or the SUNY Application, you need to submit the required documents in order for your application to be processed. Work with your school counselor to ensure all appropriate materials are submitted to our office.

Icon code: fa-envelope-o (Reference)

Submit official, sealed transcripts from every college/university attended.

This is necessary regardless of the number of credits earned, even if the information appears on another institution’s transcript. Failure to report all previously attended colleges on the application will cause a delay in the application process. Please send official transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Less Than 24 Transferable College Credits

Icon code: fa-graduation-cap (Reference)

Submit official high school transcript

Have your school counselor forward your official transcripts to our office:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
SUNY Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420

More Than 54 Transferable College Credits

Icon code: fa-check (Reference)

Indicate an academic major on your application

Teacher certification is available at Brockport and must be coupled with a declared major in an approved content area. Please visit the Department of Education and Human Development’s website for a complete list of appropriate academic majors for education certification.

Transferring Credit Information

Students can transfer up to 64 credits from accredited two-year colleges and up to 90 credits from accredited four-year colleges. Students entering with an associate’s degree are guaranteed to enter with junior-year standing. However, in some cases, it may take more than four additional semesters to complete all degree and/or certification requirements.

We encourage students transferring from a SUNY college to complete as many of the SUNY General Education requirements as they can prior to entering SUNY Brockport. Your academic advisor at your current college can advise you on which classes fulfill the SUNY General Education requirement.

Transfer Academic Planning Guide