All program requirements must be met, and a significant amount of course work beyond your first degree requirements must be completed in order to earn a second baccalaureate degree.
Requirements for Second Degree Applicants
- Students pursuing a second baccalaureate degree must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours in addition to the hours required for the first degree. The College Residency Policy requires that a minimum of 30 credits be completed at the College. The residency requirement includes completion of at least 15 credits needed for a major. If you are pursuing a minor or certification program, you must complete at least half of those credits required for the minor/certification program at SUNY Brockport.
- Students must fulfill all prerequisites, corequisites, and major requirements for the second degree program and complete all general education, liberal arts, and upper-division requirements in effect at the date of matriculation in the second degree program. Transfer credit may be used to fulfill these requirements.
- The minimum GPA for consideration for admission to the College is 2.5.
Admission to Majors and Programs
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions admits applicants to the College and not to a major. A separate application or prerequisite courses may be required for admission to your intended major. Review our undergraduate majors and programs of study to determine if your intended major has additional requirements for admission. If your major offers a concentration, let the Office of Undergraduate Admissions know your intended concentration.
Several majors at SUNY Brockport offer concentrations. We encourage you to review our undergraduate programs of study and notify the Office of Undergraduate Admissions of your intended concentration.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to the College, please speak with an Undergraduate Admissions advisor prior to applying.
- Submit an application and the $50 application fee. Submit official college transcripts from any institutions you have attended.
- If you are a former Brockport student, you must submit official transcripts from any colleges/universities you attended while separated from the College.
- If more than five years have lapsed since you last attended the College, you must re-submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended prior to SUNY Brockport, along with the official transcripts from colleges you attended since leaving the institution.