Students wishing to take up to 24 credits, non-degree seeking, without officially enrolling at SUNY Brockport may apply as a non-matriculated student.
FALL APPLICANTS: AUGUST 1
SPRING APPLICANTS: DECEMBER 1
Applications received after these dates will only be processed for the wait list, and admissions decisions will be made on a space-available basis.
Non-matriculated students are eligible to register for up to six semester hours of undergraduate course work in their first semester and nine credits in any subsequent semester, provided they maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Please note that non-matriculated students:
- are not eligible for financial aid;
- receive limited academic advisement;
- must submit all official documents (college/high school transcripts) to continue as a non-matriculated student for the following semester;
- are subject to all changes in the course catalog if they choose to enroll at a later date;
- are limited to a maximum of 24 credit hours as a non-matriculated student.
Non-Matriculated Student Requirements
To be eligible to apply as a non-matriculated student, you must:
- meet the same undergraduate admission requirements as freshmen or transfer students;
- have earned a high school diploma or GED and be considered an undergraduate student (students with a bachelor’s degree should work with the Center for Graduate Studies)
- have never been enrolled at SUNY Brockport.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the Non-Matriculated Student Application and submit it along with the $25 application fee.
Non-Matriculated Transfer Application
Non-Matriculated High School Student Requirements
High school students may enroll in one class per semester at SUNY Brockport.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete a Non-Matriculated High School Student Application.
- Submit a letter from a parent or school counselor stating that they are supportive of your interest in taking courses at the collegiate level.
- Please bring the letter with you to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions upon applying.
Non-Matriculated High School Student Application
Visiting Student Requirements
Visiting students are matriculated at another college but are taking classes at SUNY Brockport.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the Visiting Student Application.
- You must have the application signed by your advisor (at your home institution) — indicating approval of all courses you wish to complete at SUNY Brockport and providing signed proof of your academic and disciplinary standing.
- Submit official transcripts from each college/university from which you have received credit.
- You must meet our current admissions standards for transfer students.
Visiting students are responsible for tuition, fees, and charges at SUNY Brockport. Your home school must sign a consortium agreement with our Financial Aid Office for you to receive financial aid. If you are in need of financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office before you apply.