What You’ll Learn
The interdisciplinary and intersectional nature of Women and Gender Studies makes the certificate an ideal program addition for students.
The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Women and Gender Studies offers students knowledge and research skills well suited for further masters or doctoral pursuits across a variety of fields. It also provides students with rigorous interdisciplinary training that links Women and Gender research to conversations taking place within global and diverse living and learning communities.
Coursework for the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Women and Gender Studies involves one core course in feminist theory, one core course in feminist research methods, and six credits of advanced courses on women and gender across the disciplines.
Students may choose elective coursework from graduate departments across the University that address the study of women and gender, courses in the Department of Women and Gender Studies, and appropriate directed readings or independent study courses.Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
Issues of identity-based politics pervade society, therefore informed and well-trained gender specialists are in high demand across a wide range of professions including:
- Health and human services
- Social work
- Human resource management
- Many other industries
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 15
Summer Semester: March 15
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Why Earn an Advanced Certificate at Brockport?
- Engage both inside and outside the classroom with faculty experts in Women and Gender Studies and a wide range of other interdisciplinary disciplines.
- Add the certificate to an existing graduate program or complete the certificate as a stand alone program.
- Complete coursework online and in face-to-face settings.
- Individualize your curriculum under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Advance your career.
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Bek Orr, PhD
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now